At GGCE, we’re obsessed with cleanliness! Here are the top 5 reasons you should be too:
1. Hygiene: Having a clean home is a must and COVID has made us rightfully paranoid about the germs we are bringing into our space. However, we can use this time to educate ourselves and step up our hygiene practices, so even after the pandemic is over we can keep our homes, and ourselves, as hygienic as possible.
2. Improved air quality: Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Did you know vacuuming carpets and rugs at least once a week with a HEPA filter vacuum can help decrease your allergy symptoms? So can regularly cleaning bedding and drapes, as these items tend to attract and hold allergens.
3. Personal Satisfaction: When your home is clean, you gain a sense of accomplishment. Whether you did the cleaning or not- you feel relaxed in a clean home. Make your home a place you want to be and let your space be a source of pride and well-being.
4. Safety: Believe it or not keeping your home clean and organized helps to reduce both serious and mild injuries. Keeping your space tidy reduces the likelihood that someone will trip over a loose shoe or toy in the hallway and break a leg. An organized home also reduces the risk of fire, as there is less of a likelihood that flammable objects will end up in spaces where they are not meant to be, preventing dangerous situations.
5. Quality of Life: Not only does having a clean home improve your health and increase personal satisfaction, but it also improves your overall quality of life. Having a clean home removes worries about safety and being unhygienic and allows you to focus on the most important parts of your life, like spending time with family and friends, focusing on your career, or pursuing your passions!
Maybe you don’t invite guests over because you need help cleaning and organizing, but you shouldn’t let a dirty or messy household you back from living your best life! The good news is, there are so many resources to help you!